Libindy 1.6 to 1.7 migration Guide¶
This document is written for developers using Libindy to provide necessary information and to simplify their transition to Libindy 1.7 from Libindy 1.6. If you are using older Libindy version you can check migration guides history:
Migration information is organized in tables, there are mappings for each Libindy API part of how older version functionality maps to a newer one. Functions from older version are listed in the left column, and the equivalent newer version function is placed in the right column:
- If some function had been added, the word ‘NEW’ would be placed in the left column.
- If some function had been deleted, the word ‘DELETED’ would be placed in the right column.
- If some function had been deprecated, the word ‘DEPRECATED’ would be placed in the right column.
- If some function had been changed, the current format would be placed in the right column.
- If some function had not been changed, the symbol ‘=’ would be placed in the right column.
- To get more details about current format of a function click on the description above it.
- Bellow are signatures of functions in Libindy C API.
The params of
cb(except command_handle and err) will be result values of the similar function in any Libindy wrapper.
Libindy 1.6 to 1.7.0 migration Guide¶
The main purpose of this API is to forward logs of libindy and wrappers to its consumers. It is needed if you consume libindy as a
.dll - so you can forward logs from libindy to your logging framework.
You don’t need this endpoints if you use libindy through the wrapper – in Java, Rust and Python wrappers they are already forwarded to
slf4j for Java,
log crate for Rust and default logging facade for python.
|v1.6.0 - Logger API||v1.7.0 - Logger API|
|Set custom logger implementation|
indy_set_logger(context: *const c_void, enabled: Option
|Set default logger implementation.|
indy_set_default_logger(pattern: *const c_char) -> ErrorCode
|Get the currently used logger.|
indy_get_logger(context_p: *mut *const c_void, enabled_cb_p: *mut Option